Last Call
Great weekend. The great ice storm of 2005 tried to keep Dave and I from reaching Salem on Saturday for the show, but we prevailed. Here's the scene we came upon when we tried to take the Barbur Blvd / Capitol Hwy exit off of I-5.
That's a taxi cab, smooshed in to a little car, with a stuck tow truck in front of them, and a power company van trying to squeeze by on the side. Needless to say, we backed out of here and took another exit. We got down to Salem after much hooplah, and grabbed some food & pints at a local McMenamins before the show.
I made sure to call Chaz a whole lotta times to ask about his 4 Runner.
Then the show started. Fece and the Anxieties were on and then came the FU. We played our hearts out on Saturday night to a packed room in Salem. It was beautiful. The crowd was awesome. The kids came out in full support and sang along to many of our songs. It's totally one of the best times I can ever remember a show being. Great way to send it out.
CSG put on one hell of a show as well, but we bailed before they finished their set. It was great to see those four guys all up on stage again. They have some of the best chemistry together as a band and it's exactly how I want to remember them. Their spin-offs couldn't hold a candle.
Later on, after guzzling way too much gatorade and coming to the brink of exhaustion, I horked. Too bad I didn't get a photo of that. We packed up and headed to Bill's apartment, and immediately walked across the street to yet another McMenamins.
That's a taxi cab, smooshed in to a little car, with a stuck tow truck in front of them, and a power company van trying to squeeze by on the side. Needless to say, we backed out of here and took another exit. We got down to Salem after much hooplah, and grabbed some food & pints at a local McMenamins before the show.
I made sure to call Chaz a whole lotta times to ask about his 4 Runner.
Then the show started. Fece and the Anxieties were on and then came the FU. We played our hearts out on Saturday night to a packed room in Salem. It was beautiful. The crowd was awesome. The kids came out in full support and sang along to many of our songs. It's totally one of the best times I can ever remember a show being. Great way to send it out.
CSG put on one hell of a show as well, but we bailed before they finished their set. It was great to see those four guys all up on stage again. They have some of the best chemistry together as a band and it's exactly how I want to remember them. Their spin-offs couldn't hold a candle.
Later on, after guzzling way too much gatorade and coming to the brink of exhaustion, I horked. Too bad I didn't get a photo of that. We packed up and headed to Bill's apartment, and immediately walked across the street to yet another McMenamins.








1 Comments:
At 9:43 AM,
Dave said…
Man, I didn't know you puked, that's AWESOME.
Post a Comment
<< Home