Bad Fetch Blog & Boozery
Bad Fetch Blog & Boozery
Bad Fetch Menu
Bad Fetch Blog & Boozery
Bad Fetch Blog & Boozery
 Bad Fetch Blog & Boozery
 The Other Nonsense
 
   
 Wicked Good Web

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Total F-ing Rogue

It appears the mighty Green Dragon has fallen to Rogue.  Despite the efforts of Lolo Lancaster to retain control of the place, by making an offer to purchase from the majority holder, it appears GD is going to be sold.

I have memories of working just around the block from the old Flander's Street Pub, back about 6 years ago.  At the time, it was a great place to grab some cheap happy hour pints, and get some good cheap grub over lunch.  The staff was awesome, and the menu was affordable.  Then, along came Rogue .  They bought the Flander's Street Pub and turned all the little good things it had going for it in to very bad things.  They did these things in the name of making a buck.  Now, I'm all for businesses, and especially local brewing places making money.  They should.  However, half the staff left within the first month (information gained from talking with the bartender shortly after takeover), they killed happy hour dead, everything on the menu shot up by a couple bucks (kobe beer hamburger?!?), and their beer prices shot up by over $1/pint.  Back then, I was a regular at that place, and I knew the people working there.  It was where I could be found when my boss was looking for me.  It was a good place.  The Rogue came in and changed that.

Even though the Rogue is claiming they won't change a thing for the Green Dragon, I fear a repeat for what I saw happen at the Flander's Street Pub.  Best of luck, chaps.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home