Bad Fetch Blog & Boozery
Bad Fetch Blog & Boozery
Bad Fetch Menu
Bad Fetch Blog & Boozery
Bad Fetch Blog & Boozery
 Bad Fetch Blog & Boozery
 The Other Nonsense
 
   
 Wicked Good Web

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Chrome Wars

Yeah, clever title, huh?  Listen, it's early... okay?  I am only on my second cup of coffee, and a couple of minutes ago I suddenly hear FOR THE FIRST TIME that my beloved Google is putting out a browser for beta download TODAY.  The browser is called "Chrome", and this is not a hoax.  Check out more comic-based action-packed info here.  The craziest part?  I haven't read a single thing about this on Engadget or MAKE or any of the other fancy RSS feeds I subscribe to and read religiously.  Nope.  I heard this news from a co-worker, who is brilliantly artistic, but who generally isn't the first source I go to for late-breaking technology-related news.  So, when she first talked about it this morning, I assumed she was pulling my leg in jest.  Happily, that was not the case.  As I am a Google super-fan, I am always excited about some new service / product / gPhone they produce / imagine.

Anyway, Google really is releasing a browser, and it will be available for beta download today.  2pm EST is the expected release time, making that 11am PST... or less than 90 minutes away!  I will be downloading the browser and testing it as soon as it is available.  Will it become a replacement for my beloved Firefox?  Will it just add another browser for core testing purposes in Internet applications, compliance, validation & testing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home