5-Day Bachelor
Violet heads off at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning for a 5-day Vegas business trip for her clothing design business. It will officially be the longest consecutive number of days either of us has been away from our two girls. That also makes it the longest consecutive number of days either of us had to care for both girls on our own. Since I'm the one NOT going to Vegas, I am flying solo as the parenting staff at our house for the next 5 days. If nothing else, it should be interesting.
Currently (it's 11:40pm), Violet is going nuts trying to pack everything for her booth at the show. She needs samples, line sheets, and a whole mess of other crap I don't even pretend to understand. I'm a little freaked about being fully in charge of the house & kids for the week. I know I can handle it, but I have completely called off contract work until Friday. You know, just in case. Emergency work only... whatever that covers.
What this means? Damn. If the kids weren't around, I would be going to shows or getting drunk in my backyard every single night this week. I'm a 5-day bachelor. However, with the girls around I am much more limited in my temporary bachelorhood. I plan on putting a dent in the bottle of that 16 year-old Lagavulin I have sitting around. I might try tearing thru one of the numerous books I've been meaning to read or actually finishing San Andreas. The possibilities are limited!
Oh yeah, and I'm going to update this blog every day so I can share. If I don't update it by midnight on any day between Sunday and Thursday... assume I'm dead and call the authorities.
Currently (it's 11:40pm), Violet is going nuts trying to pack everything for her booth at the show. She needs samples, line sheets, and a whole mess of other crap I don't even pretend to understand. I'm a little freaked about being fully in charge of the house & kids for the week. I know I can handle it, but I have completely called off contract work until Friday. You know, just in case. Emergency work only... whatever that covers.
What this means? Damn. If the kids weren't around, I would be going to shows or getting drunk in my backyard every single night this week. I'm a 5-day bachelor. However, with the girls around I am much more limited in my temporary bachelorhood. I plan on putting a dent in the bottle of that 16 year-old Lagavulin I have sitting around. I might try tearing thru one of the numerous books I've been meaning to read or actually finishing San Andreas. The possibilities are limited!
Oh yeah, and I'm going to update this blog every day so I can share. If I don't update it by midnight on any day between Sunday and Thursday... assume I'm dead and call the authorities.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home